Legal issues arise at all stages of construction – before, during and sometimes long after a project is completed. At the outset of projects, we provide our clients, whether owners/developers, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, design professionals, sureties, or insurers, with assistance on contract negotiations, bid disputes, local, state and federal regulatory matters, code compliance, pre-litigation safety and warranty compliance, licensing issues, insurance and bonding requirements, and claims and litigation.
In the unfortunate event issues or claims develop during the project or subsequent to the project’s completion, or firm has experienced attorneys equipped to litigate, pursue and defend various claims on private, state and federal construction projects, including:
- Professional Liability – Errors and Omissions Claims
- Design Defect Claims
- Construction Defect Claims
- Property Damage Claims
- Payment Disputes, including liens under Louisiana Private & Public Works Acts
- Acceleration and Delay Claims
- Sequencing and/or Scheduling Claims
- Comprehensive General Liability Claims
- Performance and Payment Bond Claims
Several of our attorneys are also experienced alternative dispute resolution litigators, including arbitration proceedings with American Arbitration Association.
Read our latest Construction Practice Newsletter.